Hull claims


Your doctor is there to help you if you are ill or injured and require a diagnosis or care. However, sometimes things go wrong, and you may end up not receiving the treatment that you deserve. Even if you are an NHS patient, and are therefore not paying for your treatment, you still deserve the best possible care that your doctor can provide to you.

If you do not feel that this has been upheld, and because of this you have become more ill or your injury has become more serious, then you are absolutely within your rights to make a complaint about your doctor. You may even be able to consider Hull claims for compensation against your doctor.

  • Do your research. It is always better to approach making a complaint with all of the information you can gather. This will help you to seem knowledgeable and intelligent, and will prevent your doctor trying to fob you off without listening properly.
  • Get a second opinion. If you can get another doctor to agree with you that your doctor has behaved negligently, then this will help to make your complaint more effective and ensure that your doctor is more receptive. You can ask your doctor to pass you over to a colleague, or go and get a second opinion on your own.
  • Speak to the doctor directly. You may want to make a phone call or visit the surgery, but it is actually always better to send a letter or email so that you have written proof of what was said and when.
  • Speak to the organisation. Every doctor is registered with an organisation, which will have a complaints manager. If you feel that your complaint has not been listened to, then the next logical step is to go above your doctor’s head.
  • Contact the ombudsman. This is the highest power to which you can go to make a complaint, and should be considered the last resort of all your options.

Making Hull claims

If you have actually become more ill due to a mistake your doctor has made, then you may be able to make Hull claims against them in order to obtain compensation for what you have suffered. Hull claims can help you to pay for private medical treatment, in order to help you to get back to full health more quickly.

Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to speak to the team about your situation, and why you feel that making Hull claims is the next natural step for you. The team will be able to tell you how likely it is that your case will be successful, and pass you over to an experienced in-house personal injury lawyer if necessary.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )