How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Learn more

    Hull accident

    Has a teacher allowed a Hull accident to take place?

    When your child, or step-child, goes to school, you trust the teachers and staff with their health and welfare. If something happens or your child is taken ill at school, most parents and guardians expect to be informed as soon as possible. If, for example, your child falls over in the playground and suffers a concussion, the school does need to inform the parent or guardian as soon as possible, in addition to seeking medical help for the child in question.

    By properly supervising children in school, teachers and school staff can help to prevent an incident or a Hull accident from occurring. If, for example, children are left unattended, their behaviour can become unruly and a Hull accident could occur as a result. By making sure that children are in appropriately sized groups and are supervised at all times, teachers can help to minimise incidents and could stop someone from getting hurt in a Hull accident.

    However, it isn’t always easy for teaching staff to supervise children at all times, particularly as budget cuts mean that many schools are short staffed. If, for example, one child is taken ill, the teacher may need to summon help for them. This could mean that they are forced to leave the class unattended for a matter of minutes but this could result in a Hull accident occurring and could lead to additional injuries.

    If your child has been hurt at school, they may simply have fallen or slipped over. As children do suffer minor injuries from time to time, you may not feel the need to make a claim in such a situation. However, if your child has suffered serious injuries or the staff are responsible for the Hull accident occurring, you may want to take action on behalf of your child.

    In addition to making a complaint to senior staff, you may also want to make a compensation claim. If, for example, the building was in a state of disrepair or the furniture was worn and unsafe and your child was hurt as a result, the school could be held responsible and you may be able to obtain compensation from them.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Of course, if your child is under the age of eighteen, they may be unable to obtain compensation alone so you may need to assist them when it comes to making a claim. If you’d like to learn more about making a claim on behalf of your child, we can help.

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have over a decade of experience in handling such claims so we’re well equipped to provide advice and information about the claims process. Just call Accident Advice Helpline now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile phone to find out more about making a claim for a Hull accident or to make your compensation claim today.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.