How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How you could sustain criminal injuries

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    How you could sustain criminal injuries

    Has someone acted dangerously towards you?

    If someone intentionally breaks the law or acts recklessly and someone gets hurt, they could be accused of causing criminal injuries. Unfortunately, these types of injuries occur fairly regularly and people can be seriously injured as a result of criminal behaviour.

    Although people often associated criminal injuries with assaults and violent attacks, these aren’t the only types of incidents which can cause people to get hurt. If you’re wondering how you could sustain criminal injuries, you may need to consider incidents which take place on the road, at work and even in the home.

    How you could sustain criminal injuries

    In order to keep people safe, there are a range of laws and regulations in place. For example, your employer will be bound to follow certain laws in order to protect the safety of employees. If they fail to do this, their conduct may be considered criminal and, if someone gets hurt, they could face a compensation claim.

    Alternatively, if someone behaves negligently when driving a vehicle, such as speeding or driving while intoxicated, they could cause criminal injuries if an accident occurs.

    Of course, if you’ve already been hurt, you may be all too aware of how you could sustain criminal injuries. If so, you could be considering taking legal action against the person responsible for your injuries.

    Making a compensation claim

    As with any personal injury compensation claim, you will need to prove that you weren’t responsible for your injuries in order to obtain compensation. However, if you’ve been hurt because of a criminal act, this should be easy to prove.

    If you’ve reported the incident to the police, for example, their report and subsequent investigation could be used as evidence when you make your claim for compensation.

    Did you obtain medical help?

    It’s vital that you seek medical assistance following an injury, especially if you want to take legal action afterwards. Often, people don’t realise how serious their injuries are until a few days after an incident has occurred so it’s often best to get checked over by a doctor sooner, rather than later.

    Contact Accident Advice helpline

    If you’ve been injured and you weren’t at fault, get in touch with us and let us help you to claim the compensation you deserve. Simply call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile and our personal injury team will be on hand to help.

    Contact Accident Advice Helpline now and make sure you don’t miss out on your chance to make a claim!

    Category: Criminal injury claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.