You may be pondering whether to start an injury accident claim. Maybe you are surfing the Web for law firms who can help you make a personal injury claim for hurt you have sustained in an accident that was not your fault? Perhaps you have tried to search for a particular law firm that is endorsed by a TV consumer champion like Dame Esther Rantzen? This search will lead you to the fact that many people choose to contact Accident Advice Helpline for assistance. They have vast experience in helping ordinary people, just like you, to win a just level of compensation.
Top 5 tips on how to win your accident claim
- If it is at all possible do not leave the scene of the accident without collecting all the information that you are likely to need. This may be in the form of vehicles registration numbers and contact details of all the drivers if you have been in a car accident. If you have been in a workplace accident it may be the exact location of the accident and the equipment/machinery that was involved. If you are not able to do this you may be able to ask someone else to do it for you. Photographs can be very useful and are easy to take these days as most of us can now take them using our mobile phone. Only take photographs if it is safe and appropriate for you to do so.
- Do not assume that you are not injured and walk – or drive – away from the accident without collecting the information. Some symptoms do not develop straight away. Whiplash symptoms can often start several hours after the impact and it is too late then to collect the details that you need so this is certainly not how to win your accident claim! It is better to be safe than sorry.
- Start your claim as soon as you can. In practice, you have up to three years to make most claims but this does not mean that you should wait that long. It is always best to start the process as soon as you can and there are several reasons for this. If you don’t know how to win your accident claim then it is a good idea to get some advice on this early on in the process. Many people choose to call Accident Advice Helpline on our helpline 0800 689 0500 – or 0333 500 0993 free from a mobile – to get some down to earth early guidance. Also, all of the details of the accident will be fresh in everyone’s mind and all the documents and written evidence will be readily available.
- Keep records of everything relating to your case. Make a note of all of the visits that you have to make to consult doctors and other healthcare professionals about your injuries. Save all your travel expenses a well.
- Do not worry about making large up front legal payments – this is not how to win your accident claim. Instead, get a law firm like Accident Advice Helpline to handle your case on a no-win, no-fee* basis.
Call us now! Here are those numbers again; 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone.
Date Published: 8th June 2013
Author: Sharon Parry