You can never be sure that you won’t become ill after eating out, so is it possible to know how to avoid food poisoning in a restaurant? You may be the only person who is offered the dodgy seafood and everyone else may opt for something that is perfectly fine. If you’ve suffered with food poisoning after eating out, are you aware that you can make a claim for compensation? Read on to find out more.
How to avoid food poisoning in a restaurant
There’s no real way to know how to avoid food poisoning in a restaurant short of inspecting the storage facilities in the kitchen and standing over the chef while s/he cooks your meal, but there a few things to look out for.
- Does the restaurant display a health and safety certificate prominently and is it up to date?
- Is the restaurant clean? Do the cutlery and the glasses look clean? What about the tablecloths?
- Is the restaurant reasonably busy? A good turnover of clientele will hopefully mean the food isn’t standing around for long.
- Are the staff clean, tidy and presentable?
- If you visit the bathroom, is that clean and tidy? Are there hand towels and toilet roll and soap? A restaurant that doesn’t look after its visitor facilities is unlikely to keep its staff areas particularly clean.
- Have you checked the comments and reviews that other users of the restaurant have made on the internet?
Making a claim
If you have suffered with food poisoning after a visit to a restaurant and you had to receive medical treatment for it, you can make a claim. Contact us and talk to a personal adviser about doing so. As long as the food poisoning occurred during the last three years and there are medical records to show this, we may be able to make a claim for you and win you some compensation. Food poisoning should never be taken lightly because it can be extremely serious and lead to complications.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
To make a claim, contact us here at Accident Advice Helpline. We’re a law firm that was established in the year 2000, expressly to help people like you to make personal injury claims. We have the knowledge and expertise that you need when you want to make a claim against a restaurant or similar food outlet for food poisoning. We offer no-win, no-fee* so you won’t find yourself out of pocket. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 free from your landline or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile (charges may apply).
Category: Accident in a restaurant