How much could I get in compensation for the injury which I sustained in an accident that was not my fault? How much time does it take to process a personal injury claim? How much will I have to pay a personal injury solicitor to represent me?
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault in the last three years, then you could have grounds for claiming personal injury compensation. The sooner you claim the better though, as some claims can take years to settle. This is because of several factors, some of which are listed below:
- Your solicitor will advise you to wait until you are fully recovered before making a claim. If there is no possibility of a complete recovery, then you will be advised to wait until your doctor is able to assess what medical care and treatment you will need in future and if there is any possibility of you ever working again.
- The person responsible for your accident or injury may deny culpability and the claim will have to be settled in court. Alternatively the defendant’s insurer may have offered an unreasonable amount of compensation and your solicitor has advised you to take the case to court.
- Some cases are complex (such as clinical negligence cases) and your solicitor will have to spend a lot of time doing research and building your case.
- You may have suffered severe injuries and the defendant in your case may want to appoint a consultant to assess your injuries.
No one can accurately predict just how much you could receive for your injuries, as compensation covers, amongst other things:
- Past and future medical costs and related expenses;
- Past and future care needs;
- Loss of earnings (past and present);
- The pain, distress and suffering caused by your injury and accident;
- Loss of quality of life; and
- The costs of adapting your home to suit your new needs.
You can have a solicitor to represent you who works on a no-win, no fee* basis which is probably what you will need, as there is no legal aid for personal injury compensation claims any longer.
Accident Advice Helpline will help you learn how much
Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm that works with specialist solicitors, all working in the personal injury compensation field. If you need expert legal advice, then you can contact us at any time by phone.
First of all you may wish to visit our Accident Advice Helpline website to check us out and discover what we may be able to do for you. If you do, you may be curious enough to take the thirty second test which you will find on our landing page. This calculates an amount of compensation you could get for your injuries, although the figure you see is an estimate only as no one can tell you how much you might actually get.
Afterwards, you may want to call us on one of our numbers which are freephone 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Why not call us now for expert legal advice?