How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How much compensation could I receive for food poisoning

    Have you eaten out and suffered as a result? Are you asking how much compensation could I receive for food poisoning?

    ‘How much compensation could I receive for food poisoning?’ might be the question you’re asking.

    Actually there is no way to answer this question accurately for several reasons. Without a detailed medical report, no one can tell you how much you could receive in any personal injury compensation claim.

    Personal injury compensation claims

    You can file a personal injury compensation claim if you have been injured in an accident which was not your fault in the last three years. You can also make a claim if you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness or an occupational disease within the last three years.

    If, as in your case, you have had an illness which was caused by another person’s negligence, (food poisoning is a good example of this, if you ate at a restaurant) you may also be able to make a personal injury compensation claim.

    You and your solicitor have to prove without a doubt, that another person was to blame through their negligence, for your accident or illness. If there is some doubt, then you would not be awarded the maximum amount of compensation possible for your injury or illness.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How much compensation do you get?

    How much compensation could I get for food poisoning? A solicitor can only give you an estimate in answer to this question, even if he or she has studied you medical report thoroughly.

    Research has to be done into cases such as yours, so that your solicitor has an idea of how much you could get for your illness.

    He or she would also need to consult the Judicial Studies Board guidelines in order to see what the range of compensation for injuries such as yours is. Then he or she would need to calculate your lost earnings, if there were any, costs for medical treatment and expenses (both past and future) related to your injury as well as any costs for care (past and future).

    Even after doing all the necessary calculations, there is no absolute answer to the question: How much compensation do I get?

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need help with a claim, then you should contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. We have more than 16 years’ experience of dealing with personal injury claims. You can visit Accident Advice Helpline’s website for information about us and our services or call us on one of our numbers at any time. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or from a mobile, call 0333 500 0993. For expert legal advice, why not call us now? Find out the answer to ‘how much compensation could I receive for food poisoning’.

    Date Published: 4th October 2013

    Author: leva20

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.