Many people come to us, on an almost daily basis, to ask how do you get whiplash in the Isles of Scilly compensation. On this page, we are going to detail the process that we follow here at Accident Advice Helpline in order to get the money that you are entitled to into your hands.
The first phone call
The first thing you need to do when it comes to how do you get whiplash in the Isles of Scilly compensation is to pick up that telephone and give us a call. This first phone call carries no obligation on your part.
The purpose of the initial phone call to our team of experienced advisors is to provide you with advice. We will help you to decide whether Accident Advice Helpline is the right law firm to work with. Before we do this, however, we are going to need to determine whether your case is suitable for our team of lawyers. For this, we will judge your case against three different standards:
- When the incident which led to your whiplash occurred. Generally speaking, you will need to make your claim for compensation within three years.
- If the incident was the fault of somebody else. If it was your actions which led to your injuries occurring, you will not be able to claim a penny of compensation.
- You will need to provide us with proof of your whiplash injuries. This will need to come in the form of a medical report. If you can’t provide us with evidence that you were injured you cannot make a claim.
The next steps
If you decide to go ahead with your compensation claim, we will get to work as soon as possible. During the early stages of your claim, we have two main goals:
- The first goal is to determine the amount of compensation that you are entitled to. This will be based around a number of things. This includes the severity of your injuries and whether you have suffered any financial loss.
- We will need evidence to show who is at fault for the incident. Remember; if you can’t prove somebody else was negligent, you can’t claim any compensation.
After we have this, you will be pleased to know that we handle most compensation claims over the telephone, which is ideal if you are still recovering from your injuries. We aim to deal with most claims within eight to twelve months although this, of course, will be dependent on the complexity of your claim.
Discuss how do you get whiplash in the Isles of Scilly compensation with us today
Call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you are calling from a mobile to find out how do you get whiplash in the Isles of Scilly compensation.
Date Published: 31st October 2015
Author: David Brown