If you have slipped over at work today then the main thing that you may be feeling is embarrassment. It can be very humiliating to be standing upright one moment and then to find yourself on the floor. You may consider a slip at work to be just an unfortunate incident. However, a slip at work could be classed as an occupational accident and there is a scientific basis for preventing slips for happening in the first place. If your employer did not take measures to remove or reduce the likelihood of you slipping at work then you may be able to start Horning at work claims.
Preventing injury in Horning slip accidents
Accident Advice Helpline is a leading law firm that can help you with your injury in Horning claim. They will allocate you a personal injury lawyer who will firstly set out to show who was responsible for your injury. If your injury was at work then in most cases this will be your employer and you will start your injury in Horning claim against them. There are several elements within the workplace which are essential in preventing slips and in preventing injury in Horning claims.
- People – the way that people act and behave in the workplace environment affects slips. This can be things like dealing with spillages when they see them instead of leaving them for someone else to clear up (and for others to slip on!).
- Cleaning – effective cleaning is essential in the prevention of slips. Many slips happen because floor surfaces have not been cleaned properly.
- Contamination – if you were walking along a clean, dry floor then it is unlikely that you would have slipped and would have to have started an injury in Horning claim. If there is no contamination then there is unlikely to be a slip.
- Floor – there is no single suitable floor, so it is important that the floor is suitable for the type of work activity that is taking place. The floor also has to be well-maintained and repaired immediately if it becomes defective.
- Environment – the general workplace environment can greatly affect how likely a slip is to occur. The workplace environment incudes many things such as lighting, loud noises, weather, humidity and condensation.
- Footwear – an employee can help themselves to not slip by wearing appropriate footwear and the employer may need to provide these.
Helping people with injury in Horning at work claims
You can get a comprehensive package of legal support with your injury in Horning claim from Accident Advice Helpline. This will include a 24-hour helpline and a no win no fee* scheme. You can also access the unique Accident Advice Helpline 30-second test which will give you an indication of whether you have grounds to make a claim. The test can also provide you with an estimate of how much compensation you would get if your claim is successful.
To speak to the team at Accident Advice Helpline just dial 0800 689 0500 now.