How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Holiday solicitor

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    Holiday solicitor

    You may be looking for a holiday solicitor because you have been ill or were injured while you were on holiday. If the accident in which you were injured was no fault of yours, but was the result of negligence on the part of another person, then you may have grounds for making a personal injury compensation claim. If you suffered an illness while on holiday which was the result of another person’s negligence (food poisoning, Legionnaire’s Disease and so on) then you may also have grounds for making a claim.

    Holiday solicitor

    If you were abroad on holiday, you will need to contact a holiday solicitor on your return to the UK in order to make a personal injury compensation claim. If your accident or illness was caused by the actions or inactions of a representative of the UK-based tour operator with whom you booked your package holiday, then you can make your claim in the UK and this is relatively straightforward. However, you will need the services of an expert holiday solicitor so that you can receive the maximum amount of compensation.

    If your injury or illness was caused by a person who was not a representative of the UK-based tour operator, then any compensation claim becomes more complicated. If, for example you had a bad case of food poisoning after eating at a restaurant outside the hotel or holiday village you were staying at, then to claim compensation, you would have to sue the owner for damages in the foreign country.

    The owner may or may not be able to pay compensation and other countries do not necessarily have such strict hygiene rules as there are in Europe. It becomes more complicated to make a personal injury compensation claim in a country outside the EU. If you wish to make a claim, you would need the services of an expert holiday solicitor or firm of solicitors who have contacts or an office in the country concerned.

    Similarly if you were an independent traveller and had not booked a package holiday through a UK-based tour operator, you would need the services of an expert holiday solicitor with experience of dealing with cases in the country in which you sustained your injury or had your illness.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm with more than 15 years’ experience helping people with personal injury compensation claims. If you believe that you have grounds for making a personal injury claim for any reason, contact us for expert legal advice regarding your potential claim.

    You can visit our website to find out about our services and what we could do for you. You can then call us on one of our helpline numbers at any time. Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline or from a mobile phone call 0333 500 0993.

    Category: Holiday accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.