How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Holiday pay calculator

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    Holiday pay calculator

    Holiday pay calculator

    Almost all workers in the UK are entitled to paid annual holidays. Most workers who work a five day week are entitled to 28 days paid annual leave. For part-time workers, holiday leave is calculated by multiplying the days worked per week. You are entitled to full pay whilst you are on holiday.

    Holiday pay calculator

    The UK government provides a holiday calculator on their website which gives you the amount of holiday leave you are entitled to if you work in different sectors of industry and so on. Workers can also choose to take annual leave days instead of claiming sick leave.

    What happens if I am ill whilst on holiday?

    The European Court of Justice made a ruling in 2012 which states that if a worker falls ill whilst on annual leave, they are entitled to take more annual leave which corresponds to the number of days they were sick.

    If you were ill whilst on holiday and your illness was caused by another person’s negligence (for example you contracted food poisoning and had medical treatment for it) you may be entitled to claim compensation. You can also claim compensation for a holiday illness which you had on a foreign holiday. This is made easier if the illness was caused as a result of the negligence of a representative of the UK tour operator with whom you booked a package holiday.

    When you return to the UK after a holiday illness, you should visit your GP so that he or she can confirm your illness as this will support any personal injury claim you may wish to make.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    At Accident Advice Helpline we work with a team of solicitors who are specialists in the area of personal injury compensation and we can help and advise you with any type of claim you think you may have.

    If you have had an injury or an illness that was caused by the negligence of another person, then you may have grounds to file a personal injury compensation claim, even if you had the accident in which you sustained your injury or illness whilst on holiday abroad.

    You can call us free of charge on one of our freephone numbers at any time. The numbers to ring are 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Why not call now for expert legal advice about any personal injury compensation claim?

    Category: Holiday accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.