Hiring expert solicitors in Weymouth and Portland to help with accident claims
We are often approached by people who are in the process of hiring expert solicitors in Weymouth and Portland. In fact overall, we respond to around 25,000 queries a month across the UK, via our free helpline. Some of the more common questions asked are whether individuals have a right to claim; how much it will cost; and how much could they get in compensation. You can get free legal advice about making a claim on a one to one basis from us if you call our 24/7 helpline. But here are a few general guidelines which may help you decide whether it’s worth making that initial call:
Do you have a right to claim after an accident?
Usually, an accident victim can make a claim after an accident which:
- Wasn’t their fault – it was caused by someone else acting carelessly.
- Happened within the last three years. This is the most common time limit for claiming. However, different rules may apply to your accident. Call us to discuss how long you have to make a claim.
- Caused them injuries requiring medical attention.
How much does hiring expert solicitors in Weymouth and Portland cost?
Hiring expert solicitors in Weymouth and Portland doesn’t cost as much as you might think with Accident Advice Helpline. We’ll give you:
- Free legal advice on your right to claim.
- A chance to start your case with no upfront charge.
- A ‘no win, no fee’ solicitor to handle your claim, so you won’t pay legal fees if your case is unsuccessful.
How much compensation is generally awarded for Weymouth and Portland accident claims?
The answer is ‘it depends’. The law treats every case on its own merits. There are some general guidelines on the amounts that should be awarded for specific injuries. However, these are just guidelines. The amount you are awarded if successful will look at the whole picture. Has your accident made an existing medical condition worse? What are your prospects for a full recovery? Have you had to take time off work? All these kinds of things are factored in, as well as the financial costs of your accident such as prescription charges and transport costs. You can call us for an estimate if it would be helpful in deciding whether you want to proceed with a case.
- To discuss your claim with no obligation and in confidence, call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 – or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile;
- Text ‘claim365’ to 88010; or
- Try the 30 second test on our website
Don’t be left in the dark about your legal rights when it comes to claiming compensation after an accident you weren’t responsible for. Accident Advice Helpline has the experience in Weymouth and Portland accident claims that can help you win the amount of compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Date Published: 6th September 2014
Author: David Brown