Five things you should find out before hiring a solicitor
If you are thinking of hiring a solicitor because of a personal injury you have suffered, there are several things to consider. Many people shy away from hiring a solicitor because they are afraid that the fees will be too expensive. At Accident Advice Helpline, we can find you a local solicitor who is competent to deal with your personal injury claim, and this will take a lot of stress away from you. On our website we have the 30-second test, which calculates what settlement you can expect if you allow us to handle your claim.
If you prefer to hire your own person, here are five things you should find out before hiring a solicitor:
- The first thing to find out before hiring a solicitor is how much you will be charged in legal fees and expenses. The initial consultation is usually free, so you can ask the solicitor directly how much you can expect to pay for their services;
- Before hiring a solicitor to represent you in a personal injury claim, you should make sure that they have experience in personal injury claims, or the area of law your case would be covered by. For example, you wouldn’t want to be represented by a family law solicitor in a personal injury claim;
- There are probably several personal injury claim solicitors near you, so you should ask around and see if anyone you know can recommend a good one. Word-of-mouth advertising is usually the best;
- Before hiring a personal injury claims solicitor, remember that honesty really is the best policy. You have to be honest about your injury and you have the right to expect honesty in return. If your case is not winnable, then a reputable solicitor should tell you so. Neither you nor a solicitor wants to waste time;
- The final thing you should find out before hiring a solicitor is how long the case will take before it goes to court and how long the case could reasonably be expected to last. All this will need to be taken into consideration when the amount of compensation is calculated, as you may have hospital and medical expenses, including taxi fares and so on to pay out before the case is heard.
Wherever you are in the UK, here at Accident Advice Helpline we can assist you, ensuring that you have a personal injury solicitor who is experienced, honest, has a good reputation and can win your case. The approximate amount you can claim can also be calculated when you take our 30-second test online.
If you call our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, you will speak with one of our friendly, professional members of staff who are only too happy to assist you. You can call the helpline at any time of day or night. Accident Advice Helpline can deal with personal injury cases when the injury has occurred within the last three years; this is the standard limitation period. So, if you have suffered a personal injury within that three-year limitation period, give us a call and let us take the strain out of the legal process for you.
Date Published: 16th May 2013