How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Hertfordshire accident at work

    The Health and Safety at Work Act is the primary piece of legislation covering work-related health and safety in the UK. It sets out your employer’s legal responsibilities for protecting you from harm while you are at work.

    Your employer’s duty of care

    Under health and safety law, your employer has a duty to look after your physical and emotional health. They should start with a risk assessment to identify any hazards in your workplace and then make a plan to remove or minimise these risks. If they employ more than five people, they must also create a health and safety policy.

    To provide you with a safe workplace, your employer should, amongst other things:

    • Ensure that their premises is clean and tidy
    • Keep equipment in good working order
    • Provide you with personal protective equipment, if you require it
    • Store things safety, so that they are unlikely to fall and cause you injuries

    If your employer fails to fulfil their legal obligations, and you suffer a serious injury in a Hertfordshire accident at work, they may be required to contact the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Your employer must report the following accidents and injuries:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Major injuries, such as broken limbs or ribs
    • Dangerous incidents, such as scaffolding collapses
    • Deaths
    • Diseases
    • Any other injuries not listed above that require you to take more than seven days off work

    If you are concerned that your employer may try to cover up your accident, you should contact the team here at Accident Advice Helpline and we will notify the HSE on your behalf. To get in touch with our legal specialists, simply call our Freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone or use our 30-second test.

    Making a Hertfordshire accident at work claim

    If you have a Hertfordshire accident at work, we may also be able to help you to receive compensation from your employer’s insurance company. All employers are required to possess liability insurance, and must place a certificate with the details of their insurance policy in a prominent place in the workplace. If you wish to sue your employer, you will need to take down these details so that you can start your 100% ‘no win, no fee’ claim through us.

    Date Published: 17th September 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.