Stick your neck out and make just one call to expert advisers to help you make your injury claim!
Neck injuries are debilitating and distressing traumas which may leave you feeling vulnerable and in severe discomfort. A neck injury can mean that the victim is unable to sleep, move and function normally due to the stiffness and pain that an accident or incident may cause leaving them unable to work and carry out normal everyday tasks.
If you have been injured through an accident or incident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years, then you may be legally entitled to pursue Herefordshire car accident claims for compensation.
Causes of neck injuries
Neck injuries may be caused by many factors including:
- Road traffic accidents
- Sporting related accidents
- Pedestrian related accidents
- Construction related accidents
- Work related accidents
- Holiday related accidents
- Water sports related accidents
- Cycling related accidents
- Motorbike accidents
Your whiplash injury
A whiplash injury may not be apparent at the time of the accident or incident and may only be diagnosed 6-24 hours after an accident occurs.
Symptoms take time to develop due to the damage inflicted on the soft tissues of the neck due to being suddenly and violently stretched and torn.
Symptoms of a whiplash injury should always be investigated by a medical practitioner for an accurate diagnosis. They may include:
- Stiffness across the neck area, across the upper back and shoulders
- Severe pain across the neck area, across the upper back and shoulders
- Insomnia due to the symptoms preventing restful sleep
- An inability to rotate the head and neck in all directions
Treating a whiplash injury
Whiplash injuries are commonly diagnosed by general practitioners who may carry out a physical examination of the casualty, in the days following the accident or incident which caused the injury to occur.
Treatment may involve:
- Resting the neck in bed
- Supporting the damaged soft tissues with a neck brace to enable the casualty to move easier
- Taking anti-inflammatory medications to relieve the pain and discomfort
- Ice to reduce the swelling
- A series of gentle exercises to restore function, movement and strength in the neck
Making your Herefordshire car accident claims for compensation
It is a straightforward and effortless process to start Herefordshire car accident claims with the reputable law firm, Accident Advice Helpline.
With a dedicated telephone helpline, their team of experienced and helpful advisers are always at the other end of the phone to answer your entitlement queries without delay. Once you have established your eligibility to make Herefordshire car accident claims by phone, you will be able to decide for yourself if you wish to proceed with making your claim using their team of experienced and professional injury solicitors to assist you.
Date Published: 14th November 2014