Have you had a car accident?
Car accidents in the UK are the biggest single cause of injuries. Since personal injury law is very complex, making compensation claims is equally hard for those seeking compensation for personal injury suffered. So, getting help with car accident compensation in Rushcliffe means you should contact our professional legal team at Accident Advice Helpline.
You could make a claim
The most important thing that you have to bear in mind when you prepare to make a car accident compensation claim are all the details of your accident, because to gain traction with your case, you have to prove that another party was responsible for your accident.
Secondly, keep all documents relating to the expenses you incurred as a result of the injury you have suffered, because they will be used to give a rough estimate of your compensation amount. Remember insurance companies will likely try to discredit your claim and pay as less compensation to you as possible, this means you should be careful of the things you should never do after an accident:
- Don’t leave the accident scene because it can complicate your chances of getting a fair compensation
- Don’t admit liability unless you are advised so by your solicitor
- Don’t be angry or abusive as this behaviour will play negatively against you
- Don’t speak to the other party’s solicitors or insurance company. All your legal issues will be handled by your solicitor from Accident Advice Helpline who will help with car accident compensation in Rushcliffe
- Don’t jump to any settlement offers, first talk to our legal advisors who will help you make an informed decision in light of the damages, injury and expenses you have incurred
If you were seriously injured and you were rushed to hospital, ask the police for any information they have and try to find any witnesses who might have seen the accident and take their contact details. You can also ask them any valuable details they may have like photos or videos of the accident site.
When to start your claim
If you are wondering when is the right time to start filing your car accident compensation claim, it should be as soon as possible. This is because you still have fresh details of the accident and evidence and also witnesses. Remember that witnesses may not be willing to come forward or you can’t find them if you let time pass.
Get help with car accident compensation in Rushcliffe
Call us and talk to one of our legal advisors on 0800 689 0500 free if calling from a landline and 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone today.
Date Published: 14th September 2015
Author: David Brown