Been hurt due to health and safety ignored at work in West Sussex?
If you have been hit in the head, or have severely knocked your head against something, you should know about it. In this way, it can be very easy to tell whether you have a head injury, or the possibility of a head injury. However, if you have been in a larger scale accident, or have passed out at any point, you may not be sure whether you hit your head with any force or not, and whether you have sustained a head injury. We can help if you’ve been hurt due to health and safety ignored at work in West Sussex.
Head injuries can be very dangerous, or even fatal, so in this case you will need to look out for the symptoms of a head injury so that you can get treatment as and when you need it.
- Confusion and disorientation. Even if you aren’t sure that you have had a head injury, feeling confused or not really knowing where you are or what is going on can be a sign that you have had a serious head trauma.
- Memory loss. Memory loss caused by a head injury will usually just affect the 24 hours leading up to and after the head injury. This is another reason that you may not realise that you have a head injury when you do.
- Headache. A normal headache does not indicate head trauma, but if you have had a fall or an accident and have a headache for some time afterwards this will indicate a head injury.
- Nausea and vomiting. This is very common with headaches and will often last for longer than the vomiting you may get from shock after an accident.
- Difficulty communicating. If you find that words seem to have ‘fallen out of your head’ or that you are struggling to communicate what you are thinking, you should see a doctor as soon as you possibly can.
Finding a law firm to claim compensation
A law firm in West Sussex may be able to help you to make a claim for compensation if you have been injured by someone else. Finding a good law firm in West Sussex means looking online or asking around for any recommendations of good firms which give you a good chance of making a successful claim.
Instead of a law firm in West Sussex, you could also call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. The friendly team at the helpline will work with you to help you to decide whether you want to make a claim or not, and then pass you over to an in-house experienced personal injury lawyer who can work with you on a 100% no win, no fee basis to get your claim processed. Give us a call if you’ve been hurt due to health and safety ignored at work in West Sussex.
Date Published: 12th July 2014
Author: David Brown