Have you sustained head injuries in Plymouth?
The brain is one of the most fragile parts of our bodies. It is generally well protected by the skull, but sometimes that is not enough and a brain injury occurs. If this has happened to you, you may want to make a compensation claim for head injuries in Plymouth.
The types of brain injury that could result in an injury claim in Plymouth
There are numerous different types of brain injury, the most common ones are:
- Concussion, the most common and mildest form of brain injury usually happens with a low impact knock to the head
- Closed head injury is caused by a greater impact but does not break the skull
- Penetrating brain injury is where an object fractures the skull and enters the brain tissue
- Diffuse brain injury happens when the head gets badly shaken, the brain gets knocked against the skull and often is damaged in several areas
- Brain confusion is where the brain becomes swollen because of a crack or break to the skull
- Bleeding around the brain
- Bleeding between the brain and skull
If you have sustained one of these injuries because of an accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make an injury claim Plymouth.
The changes to your life, and that of your family, because of a brain injury
Every accident, injury and persons circumstances are unique. People react differently to the same situation, but with brain injuries, quite often the victim has no control over their reactions. They may well experience:
- A loss of or altered speech
- A shorter concentration span
- Problems with balance, walking and co-ordination
- Weakness or paralysis
- Speed of thought
- Memory loss
- Changes in emotional reactions
- Behavioral changes
- Altered senses of smell, taste and touch
- Anxiety and depression
These changes can alter a person so much that for the family it is like living with a different person and they will suffer as well as the victim. The victim may no longer be capable of making an injury claim Plymouth, and if this is the case, a family member should make it on their behalf.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline now
At Accident Advice Helpline, we realise how traumatic a brain injury can be for everyone concerned. We have been dealing with such cases for over 15 years and have won compensation for many thousands of claimants. We adhere strictly to four principles – integrity, reliability, dependability and accountability.
These ideals ensure the we provide the highest quality customer service and are part of the reason we are so successful at what we do – get compensation for those who deserve it.
On our website there is a 30 second test which will let you know if you qualify to make a claim and if you do will give you an indication of how much you may be awarded.
Or, to find out more about making a claim for head injuries in Plymouth, you can call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile and speak to one of our friendly advisers.
Date Published: 9th September 2013
Author: David Brown