Someone is always to blame for an accident, sometimes through negligence, sometimes through recklessness, and sometimes caused by the victims themselves. If they are to blame for the accident they are injured in, they have no right to compensation but for innocent victims who were injured in accidents that were no their own fault it is a different matter.
The law says that anyone injured in an accident that was not their own fault, if the needed to seek medical attention and the accident happened no more than three years ago, Haringey car accident claims for compensation can be made.
The people responsible for accidents and Haringey car accident claims
Because there is such a huge variety of accidents in the UK, there is a huge number of different people that could be responsible for them, such as:
- If you are involved in a collision with another motor vehicle that was not your fault, you could make Haringey car accident claims against the other driver.
- If you were thrown from your motorbike by a pothole that should have been repaired, the local council responsible for that stretch of road is who your claim would be made against.
- Your employer has a legal duty to protect you health and safety while you are at work. If they fail in this duty and you are injured in an accident because of their negligence, you claim would be against whoever it is that employs you.
- Schools, colleges and all other places of learning have to protect the students, and staff or visitors, from accidents or they may have to face personal injury claims
- Makers and importers of good for sale to consumers have to ensure that their products are safe, and continually monitor them in case any safety issues arise. Failure to do so could result in an innocent victim being injured, and then they would have to deal with a product liability injury claim.
In fact, it does not matter where you are or what you are doing, unless it is your own home, someone is responsible for making sure you are in a safe environment, that the products you are using are safe or that they do not cause accidents in which blameless victims are injured.
Making your Haringey car accident claims
At Accident Advice Helpline, we have over 14 years’ experience of making successful personal injury claims, and have become one of the largest specialist law firms in the UK. Our expertise and knowledge in this field of the law means we provide the highest quality service in a quick and efficient manner, keeping the claim experience as stress free as we can.
Complete one of our online options, call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and speak to our friendly advisers if you want to know more about making a personal injury compensation claim.
Date Published: 28th November 2014