It is a legal requirement that employers protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work, and is not something they have a choice in. There can be all sorts of ramifications for not complying with the law, just one of them being a Halton accident at work claim if an employee is injured through no fault of their own.
Problems other than a Halton accident at work claim that can result from an employee being injured in an accident at work
The effects of someone being injured in an accident at work can be more far reaching than some employers realise, such as:
- If a piece of machinery or equipment is involved, this could be out of action for some time, reducing production and ultimately profits
- Staff can react badly, particularly if the employer had been warned of a hazard and took no action. They can refuse to work until matters are put right, and there is nothing the employer can do in the way of discipline – it is an employee’s right to refuse to work on inadequate or faulty equipment
- If the accident is serious it has to be reported to the Health and Safety Executive who will investigate the circumstances surrounding it. If they conclude that the employer was at fault, they have the option available to them of prosecuting the employer, which can result in heavy fines and sometimes a prison sentence.
- The employer should have employers liability insurance to settle any claims, and although this will cover the compensation and litigation costs, the employer could well have to face an increase in premiums at renewal.
- From an emotional point of view, if an employee is seriously injured or killed in an accident at work that was caused through the negligence of their employer, they could well have to live with the guilt of their actions for the rest of their lives, something that not everyone would find easy to cope with.
Making a Halton accident at work claim for compensation
If you have been injured in an accident at work that was not your fault, and want to make a Halton accident at work claim, the simplest way forward is to get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline, the experts in personal injury claims.
We have helped many thousands of victims over the last 14 years to get the compensation they were entitled to, and are here to help you with your personal injury claim.
You can go to our website and complete either of our online options to start your claim, or you can call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and speak to our friendly advisers. Either way, you will receive a top quality service without having to pay us any money to start your claim, as we work on the ‘no win, no fee’ basis and that takes care of the financing of your personal injury claim.
Date Published: 20th September 2014