If you have been injured in an accident at work that was caused by the negligence of your employer, you might want to consider making a Gwersylt accident at work claim for compensation, against them. Your employer should be doing their best to prevent accidents at work, and they should be following the health and safety rules that are designed to achieve this.
How an employer can avoid a Gwersylt accident at work claim for compensation
Without exception, all employers have to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work, and failing to do this can be very costly for them in more ways than one. Most of the rules they need to follow are common sense, and just a sample of them are:
- There should be a health and safety policy in place and they should make sure that every employee knows its contents and abides by its rules
- Regular risk assessments should be carries out and their findings acted upon
- There should be procedures in place in case of an emergency situation, and regular fire drills, that everyone should take part in
- All accidents should be recorded in an accident book
- If there are more than 5 employees, one of the should be appointed first aid officer, and be given the necessary training
- All plant and equipment should be in working order and only adequately trained and people should use it
- Any protective clothing needed should be provided free of charge.
- Any major accident that took place at work should be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Each employee should have enough room to work in comfortably
- Employees should take regular breaks from their work
There are numerous other rules and regulations your employer should be following, some of them very general and others that will relate to their own particular trade or profession.
All health and safety legislation is readily and easily available to employers on the government’s HSE website, and they have no excuse for not knowing what they should be doing.
Making a Gwersylt accident at work claim for compensation with Accident Advice Helpline
We have been assisting innocent victims of accidents at work, as well as all other types of accidents, claim the compensation they were legally entitled to for over 14 years, and we deal with all our claims as simply, quickly and efficiently as we can.Open Claim Calculator
We have online options victims can complete to start their claim, but some people are nervous of using computers and would prefer to speak to a real person. They can do this by call our friendly and helpful advisors who can given them the information they need to decide if they want to make a personal injury claim. Calls to our helpline, on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, are free of charge, free of obligation and free of any pressure if you decide not to make a claim.