Knocked off your bike and left injured? Don’t take it lying down! Call for expert claims advice!
Cycling is an enjoyable pastime and for many commuters it can become an essential means of cheap and reliable transport. However, cyclists remain one of the most vulnerable groups of road users on the roads and they are at risk of being seriously injured in the event of a collision with other road users.
If you, or a fellow cyclist, have been involved in a cycling accident through no fault of your own and you have been injured as a result, then you may be legally entitled to pursue a Gresford no win no fee accident compensation claim for your injuries.
Why are cyclists more at risk than other road users?
Cyclists may be more vulnerable than other road users because:
- Protection from the elements and other vehicles is provided by just personal protective equipment not by the framework or design of the cycle. Personal protective equipment – such as fitted and secure helmets, reflective waterproof clothing and protective gloves and glasses are the sole means of protecting the cyclist from injury and trauma in the event of a collision with other road users.
- A cyclist is only as visible as their clothing and their bike is only visible if it is fitted with working lights. In poor and dark weather and light conditions, a cyclist may remain unseen by faster and more powerful road users; increasing the risk of being involved in a collision.
- A cyclist may change direction and position on the roads without warning; failing to notify other road users of their intentions using recognisable hand signals.
- Cycling offers a versatile means of transport – on cycle lanes, tracks as well as roads. However, poor street lighting and a lack of dedicated cycle lanes may mean that cyclists are more at risk of being involved in an accident with faster moving and more powerful vehicles.
Cycle related injuries
Injuries caused by cycle related accidents may include:
- Bleeding and lacerations
- Bruising and soft tissue injuries
- Broken, fractured and dislocated bones
- Neck injuries
- Head injuries
- Facial injuries
- The loss of consciousness
- The loss of a limb
- Internal injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Fatal injuries
Can you claim your Gresford no win no fee accident compensation?
The first step towards making any compensation claim is to establish your eligibility. This is the same for personal injury compensation following a cycling accident.
The law clearly states the conditions under which a personal injury compensation claim may be made. These are briefly:
- As long as the accident or incident occurred within the last 3 years
- As long as the accident or incident resulted in an injury being sustained
- As long as the accident or incident was caused through no fault of your own
Thankfully, the leading law firm Accident Advice Helpline can assist you with establishing and proceeding with your Gresford no win no fee accident compensation claim with their dedicated team of professional advisers and injury solicitors.