Car accidents can cause some awful injuries, such as:
- Broken bones – most people have 206 of them, so plenty of choice for fractures
- Internal injuries – these need immediate medical attention or they could prove fatal
- Head and brain injuries – these can change victims lives forever, and the lives of those close to them
- Back and spine injuries – these can result in the victim being crippled, and becoming reliant on a wheelchair
- Loss of limbs – although huge advances have been made with false limbs, they are not suitable for everyone
- Facial injuries – if these leave scars, even the most extrovert of people can become recluses
- Eye injuries – to lose your sight and know that you will never see your loved ones again can be devastating
- Loss of digits – this might not sound too bad, but you don’t’ realise just how much you use your fingers unless you are suddenly without them
- Damaged joints – if your elbow or knee is damaged, it can put your arm or leg out of action until it has healed, it if ever does
- Fatal injuries – losing a loved one in an accident happens to too many families, and learning to cope without someone you loved is not an easy path
- Soft tissue injuries – usually victims recover fully from these, but the can leave other problems behind such as chronic pain syndrome which will plague the victim for the rest of their life
All injuries will affect your life in some way, even if it is only while you are recovering, and at Accident Advice Helpline we will account for this when helping you to make your Great Yarmouth car accident claim.
The other things that need accounting for when you make a Great Yarmouth car accident claim
Accidents tend to bring other expenses with them, things you had not planned on having to pay. These vary greatly from victim to victim, and not all victims will have to pay them all, but they can include:
- Medical expenses – this could be extra prescription charges, or private medical treatment if what you need is not available on the NHS
- Travelling expenses – if you car is of the road after the accident, you will need some way to get to and from medical appointments. This could be by taxi or relying on lifts from someone else, but petrol and car parking fees have to be paid at least
- Care – your injury could be such that for a while at least you will need help with the everyday things we all take for granted. Getting dressed, taking a shower, cutting our nails – they are all things we do without much thought, until an injury prevents you from doing them on your own.
These are just three extra payments you could encounter, the list of them is endless, but they can all be reclaimed if your compensation claim is successful.
We can help with your Great Yarmouth car accident claim
Accident Advice Helpline are the best option for help with your accident claim, as we have the experience, expertise and knowledge to give your claim its best chance of success.