Should I be getting compensation?
If you have sustained an injury that was not your fault, then yes, you should be getting compensation.
How do you know if you should be getting compensation?
You could phone Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (landline) or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and speak to one of our friendly advisors.
To give you some examples. you should be getting compensation if:
- You have been involved in a road traffic accident that was not your fault
- You could have been thrown off your bicycle or motorbike by a pothole in the road. The roads should have been maintained and the pothole repaired, so this was not your fault
- The accident could be work-related. You could have sustained an injury because of a lack of health and safety procedures
- You could be the blameless victim of a violent crime
- You could have severe food poisoning after eating in your local restaurant
The list is endless. At Accident Advice Helpline, we have dealt with all types of injuries from all types of accidents. So you can trust we have the expertise and knowledge to make sure you are getting the maximum compensation you deserve.
If you are getting compensation, how much can you expect?
That varies greatly depending on many factors. They can include the severity of your injury, how long it will take you to recover, or if there is any permanent damage. As part of your claim, Accident Advice Helpline would also claim for:
- Loss of earnings, which can be projected as well as past
- Replacement of damaged goods
- Anxiety and stress – the trauma of the accident alone can sometimes cause this. The more serious your injury, the more likely you are to suffer from these
- The cost of care if you are no longer able to take care of yourself properly, This includes what we take for granted as simple everyday tasks like getting dressed and undressed by ourselves
- Extra travel costs
- If you need to have your home adapted to cope with any disabilities, or even move home because of them, the costs would be claimed for
- Any extra costs at all that have been incurred as a direct result of the accident . We do recommend that you keep your receipts and information about money spent
If you should be getting compensation, Accident Advice Helpline will ensure that you do. We provide a simple, fast and efficient service and we are proud to say that Dame Esther Rantzen has been our patron since 2003.
We operate on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so you do not need to worry about paying any money to start your claim.
Date Published: 4th August 2013