How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to get help after an accident with an uninsured driver

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    How to get help after an accident with an uninsured driver

    At the scene of a road traffic accident, the first help that you should get is medical help. This applies if you are a driver, passenger or pedestrian. It is also true if you are a motorcyclist or if you were on a bicycle at the time of the accident. If you are badly hurt, another person will probably call for an ambulance on your behalf.

    However, if the accident was not your own fault, there is other help that you need as well. You need help to start a personal injury claim. You will need to collect some evidence at the scene to use in your claim – then we here at Accident Advice Helpline can assist you with the legal process. You will need to provide us with as much information as you can about what happened.

    Some road traffic accidents are made even more complicated when the driver at fault was not insured. It is important that you know how to get help after an accident with an uninsured driver.

    Getting legal help after an accident caused by an uninsured driver

    Sadly, there are thousands of uninsured drivers on our roads and some of them end up causing accidents. It is still very important to make a note of the driver’s contact details and registration number if they have not fled the scene. It is an offence to drive without insurance and so you should also call the police. They will help to investigate the scene of the accident and work out who was to blame. They may take photographs and make measurements. You can also take photographs if it is safe for you to do so. You can use the findings of their investigation as part of your claim.

    You then need to find a good personal injury lawyer with experience of handing claims involving uninsured drivers. You will be making a claim with the Motor Insurers’ Bureau. Here at Accident Advice Helpline we are highly experienced in this sort of claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline – How to get help after an accident with an uninsured driver

    If you have been injured in this type of accident – Accident Advice Helpline are the ones that you should call. We have been helping people just like you for over 15 years and we are even endorsed by Dame Esther Rantzen. To discuss you potential claim further, all you have to do is call us any time on 0800 689 0500 from a land line or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

    Category: Uninsured driver claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.