How can I start free accident claims?
free accident claims can be started for any type of accident that was not your fault, that results in you having an injury.
One of the areas that quite often gets overlooked for free accident claims is when someone is injured through a faulty product, but this entitles to make a personal injury compensation claim as if you were knocked off your bike by a car, or any other accident.
Here are some examples of faulty product accidents and injuries that may result in accident claims:
- Road traffic accidents caused by defective parts such as steering or brakes.
- Faulty electrical goods in the home or garden can cause very nasty accidents.
- Tongs, dryers, straighteners or bleaches and bleaching equipment can cause damage to the hair and scalp at the hairdressers.
- Children can be hurt by playing with defective toys.
- Breast implants, other cosmetic implants, replacement hip joint or any other faulty medical device can cause injury.
Businesses need to avoid free accident claims
Any business that supplies products to consumers has to make sure those products are safe.
The biggest responsibility falls on the manufacturers of the products, but wholesalers and shops also have legal responsibilities.Open Claim Calculator
If any business fails to meet these responsibilities the consequences can be very serious. They can be fined, or even imprisoned, as well as being sued for compensation in free accident claims.
By law products sold to consumers must be safe, producers, manufacturers and importers need to help ensure their products are safe by:
- Warning consumers about any potential risks
- Provide the consumers with information to help them understand the risks
- Monitor the safety of their products
- Take action if any product is found to be unsafe
Often, more than one business is involved in the production of a product, for instance several companies could supply the parts to make one item and in this situation they can be jointly liable if the finished product causes an injury resulting in free accident claims.
Trading Standards officers in local authorities are responsible for most safety enforcements and would certainly be involved if the injury caused by the faulty goods was serious, or happening to several people.
Accident Advice Helpline can assist you with accident claims if faulty goods have injured you. We were established in 2000, with the founders intentions being to give access to justice to victims of non-fault accidents under the no-win, no-fee* agreement.
Over the years we have helped many thousands of claimants, with all types of injuries resulting from all types of accidents, claim the compensation to which they were entitled
Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993. Our advisors are there 7 days a week to give you free advice and help you along the way with your accident claims.