How to claim compensation for car accident injuries
We live in a time when our roads have never been so busy and drivers more distracted, not surprisingly this has made our roads that much more dangerous than in the past. Compensation for car accident injuries are your right if you are the injured party. Take our 30 second test to see if you can make a claim for compensation.
Compensation for car accident injuries
So if you are involved in a road accident and you need to claim compensation for car accident injuries what can you claim for?
- personal injury for you or your passengers
- repair or market value (write offs), car hire, loss of use and inconvenience,
- loss or damage to personal effects,
- loss of earnings.
- pain and suffering, loss of convenience, treatment costs (most insurers will place you on a free physiotherapy program) and potentially other items in the case of more serious injuries.
- if you have suffered injury following a road accident then the last thing you need is to have the worry of claiming back your compensation.
- Get suitable medical help. You must always receive a medical check-up even if you feel that your injuries are not severe. At the hospital they can perform checks that your GP is simply not able to and usually you will receive a more exact opinion from a more qualified doctor. However if you feel your injuries do not warrant emergency assistance you can visit your GP who will provide basic medical advice. Make sure you obtain medical advice of some nature on your injuries.
Accident Advice Helpline has all the information you need to start making your claim. We can’t change what has happened nor make everything go away but we can help you get the support you need to get back on your way to recovery. Give them a call on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: 10th February 2013
Author: David Brown