How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Food poisoning compensation

    Food poisoning compensation

    Food poisoning is a fairly frequent complaint, and can be an extremely unpleasant experience. The symptoms range from vomiting, cramps, diarrhoea and stomach upsets to those that are far more serious – damage to the nervous system, paralysis, and in rare cases, death. If you have suffered from food poisoning and you feel you were not to blame, you could be entitled to claim food poisoning compensation.

    Luckily, most cases of food poisoning are not serious and the symptoms are relatively short-lived.

    Food poisoning compensation claims

    It is estimated that more than 5 million people in the UK suffer from food poisoning each year. Food poisoning is usually caused by contaminated food and drink, and because the appearance, smell and taste of the food may not change, contaminated food can be very hard to spot.

    Food tends to go bad when not kept in the right conditions – when there is too much warmth and moisture, bacteria can develop. The principal causes of food poisoning are Campylobacter, E.Coli and salmonella poisoning. It is also possible that the person serving the food has not taken responsibility to ensure that their hands are clean, or that the cutlery, crockery or cooker has been sanitised. In these circumstances, you may well be eligible to make a food poisoning compensation claim.

    Claim food poisoning compensation

    At Accident Advice Helpline we are extremely experienced in dealing with cases where there is a personal injury compensation claim to be made. When you have suffered from food poisoning, our team of  no-win, no-fee* personal injury solicitors will make sure that you maximise the food poisoning compensation that is due to you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Your food poisoning incident will need to have happened in the last 3 years though with this kind of incident it’s probably best not to leave it that long to make a claim. You will also need to have had medical attention for your food poisoning as medical evidence will be essential to build your case. Any other evidence you have to support the fact that you have suffered food poisoning will also help. This might include the statements of witnesses or photographs of the food you ate and where it was consumed.

    Call our 24-hour free helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone or try our 30-second compensation calculator, which will give you a rough idea of how much you could claim. You can also submit a full claim online now.

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.