Food poisoning is an illness that in most cases could be avoided, if only the people preparing the food took more care. Anywhere that serves food to the public should maintain certain hygiene standards, and quite often it is the failure to do so that allows the bacteria to enter the food, and cause food poisoning for whoever eats it. If this has happened to you, sometime in the last three years, the solution to get the compensation you are entitled to is to make food poisoning claims in Wellingborough.
The hygiene that matters
The hygiene precautions food eateries need to follow are not difficult and for most is just part of a normal routine. The sorts of things they should do is:
- Make sure the working areas and utensils are clean at all times
- When preparing different foods, clean the work surfaces, chopping boards, knives and any other utensils before starting on a new food
- Make sure staff wash their hands regularly, and definitely between preparing different foods
- Do not let anyone near the food that is ill
Keeping the kitchen and staff clean at all times goes a long way towards avoiding customers making personal injury claims in Wellingborough because of food poisoning.
Treating the food properly
So now we have a clean kitchen and clean staff, we need to look at the food itself:
- If it should be kept chilled it needs to be refrigerated at less than 5 degrees
- Food should always be thoroughly cooked
- Frozen food that has thawed should never be refrozen. If it is not used it should be discarded
- Food that is past its use by date should not be used
- Foods that look or smell not quite right should not be cooked and served to customers
- Once cooked, food should not be kept at warm temperatures for a long period of time
If the eateries keep clean, and treat the food correctly, there should not be any need for customers to make personal injuries in Wellingborough for food poisoning.Open Claim Calculator
Food poisoning claims in Wellingborough
Food poisoning is like any other illness or injury in the respect that of if someone else caused it, you can make a compensation claim. That’s what the law of the land says and that is a legal right that not enough innocent victims exercise.
Do not be one of the ones that loses out on your compensation, if someone had made you suffer, why should they not pay for this, as well as repay you for any expenses the illness or injury has caused.
For more information about food poisoning claims in Wellingborough, simply call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.