How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Food poisoning claims in Highgate

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Highgate

    If you have just been told by your doctor that you have food poisoning then you may be thinking about how you got this illness and whether you have grounds to make an injury food poisoning claim. There are many different types of food poisoning and they all cause different types of symptoms. They also occur in different types of foods and this sort of information will be vital in your injury solicitor Highgate food poisoning claim.

    If you give Accident Advice Helpline a call (any time because they operate a 24/7 hotline) then you will be able to chat to the highly trained advisers about how your injury claim could work.

    Here is some more information about the most common types of food poisoning and how they may have affected your food poisoning claims in Highgate.

    Food poisoning claims in Highgate

    Salmonella is naturally found in the human gut (food handler/ sewage), the animal gut (raw meat and poultry) and in raw or under cooked poultry, eggs and raw milk. It can also be introduced into a food premises by rodents (rats and mice) and pests. If you are thinking about starting a food poisoning claim because you have had salmonella food poisoning then you have probably suffered from:

    • Abdominal pain
    • Diarrhea
    • Vomiting
    • Fever

    These symptoms start anywhere between 12 and 36 hours after you ate the meal that poisoned you. You will need to think about what you ate during this time as you are considering if you want to start a Highgate food poisoning claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Most people are ill for anything from  1 day to 7 days with salmonella food poisoning but some are ill for much longer and more serious complications can arise.

    Clostridium perfringens food poisoning

    This food poisoning bacteria is naturally found in animal and human sewage and therefore is also sometimes found on soil (on vegetables) and dust. It can also get into a food premises via insects, raw meat and poultry. If you have been diagnosed with Clostridium perfringens food poisoning then you have probably had abdominal pain and diarrhoea.

    It is rare to suffer vomiting with this sort of food poisoning. The symptoms tend to start around 12-18 hours after eating the meal that was poisoned. So you feel ill usually the following day. You then suffer the symptoms for around 12 to 48 hours.

    The illness usually gets better by itself although some people may require treatment. If you suspect that you have suffered Clostridium perfringens food poisoning after something that you ate at a restaurant or café then try and get in touch with any friends, family, or work colleagues that were with you.

    Are they feeling ill as well? If they are then this could be part of an outbreak and you can ask your local environmental health department to investigate it.

    So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 24th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.