Getting into an accident when you’re driving is often unexpected, and always unsettling – but when it involves mechanical failure, it can be quite scary. Talk to us today to learn more about making a Ferndale road traffic accident claim.
In such cases, you could be eligible to make a Ferndale road traffic accident claim. We’ll go through some details about this shortly, but first of all, allow us to give you a bit of background on the role of mechanical faults in road traffic accidents.
A rare occurrence
If you do have an accident because of a fault with the car, then you’re unlucky. Less than 6% of road traffic accidents on Britain’s roads happen because of a mechanical fault. When they do, it may be because of:
- The brakes. Complete failure is unlikely today, because of the dual-circuit systems found in modern vehicles – but it can occur. If you’re going at high speed, the consequences could be extremely serious.
- The tyres. If under-inflated or badly worn, they could blow – and you could lose control of the car. If there’s a manufacturing fault in the tyre, of course, that could also lead to an accident.
- The steering. This is a massive problem. You might not be able to steer the vehicle out of danger, so it could hit other cars, a wall, or a tree.
What to do if you have an accident through mechanical failure
If anything such as this happens, you will need to make sure that you seek medical attention at the earliest opportunity. Also deal with your car insurance claim as soon as you can. But once you feel ready, get on the phone to Accident Advice Helpline and speak to one of our advisers about making a Ferndale road traffic accident claim.
Doing this means that you could receive a payout. This will help you, especially if you’ve had to take time off work and you’ve needed the services of a home help or childminder – losses and expenses can be a huge problem during recovery from injuries.
We should tell you now that you’re not guaranteed to win your case, but you can rest assured that all our accident lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline work on a no-win, no-fee* basis.
Start your Ferndale road traffic accident claim
The first step in making any claim is to call our hotline and talk to one of our team of advisers. Professional and friendly, they will guide you through all the steps involved in claiming, and answer your questions. Call one of these numbers now or send us a text:
- Dial 0800 689 0500 from a landline
- Dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile
- Text “claim365” to 88010 and someone will call you back
We look forward to hearing from you about your Ferndale road traffic accident claim.