Over three million accidents happen every year in the UK, slips, trips and falls being a third of them. Another common accident is ones that happen on our roads, and this is when Fenland car accident claims are made for.
Accidents that are the reason for Fenland car accident claims, and other personal injury claims
With so many accidents happening each year, it is no surprise that there is a huge variety among them. Accidents happen in many different ways and are usually sudden and unexpected. If you are injured in any type of accident that was not your fault sometime in the last three years, and you needed medical attention, you can claim compensation from whoever caused the accident. Under normal circumstances you might expect this to be:
- Car crashes, motorbike accidents, cycle accidents and probably most other road traffic accidents – for these you could make Fenland car accident claims against the other driver, or the local council if it is a pothole that caused you to be injured.
- Accidents at work – all employers in the UK have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work, and if they fail in this duty, you can make an accident at work claim against them.
- Faulty products – we all expect whatever we buy to be safe to use, and the makers and importers have to make sure this is the case. If some defect in a product causes you to be injured, the makers or importers are who you would make a claim against.
- Medical negligence – we usually go to the doctor or to see some other medical professional because we are already ill or injured. If they do not treat us correctly, we can be made worse, or a new problem can be created. A claim for medical negligence would be against whoever it was that had treated you.
- Food poisoning – a claim for food poisoning would be against whoever supplied you with the food. This could be a café, a takeaway, a restaurant, a supermarket or any other food outlet, they all have to make sure the food is safe for consumption.
Of course, there are hundreds of other types of accidents and someone is always responsible for them, even if it is the victims themselves. Then they would not be able to make Fenland car accident claims, though, as you cannot claim for compensation for yourself.
Accident Advice Helpline can assist with your Fenland car accident claims
Accident Advice Helpline has been assisting innocent victims for over 15 years, and have been successful in making sure that many thousands of them have received the compensation they were entitled to.
To find out if we can help you with your compensation claim, complete one of the options on our website or call our helpline and speak with our friendly advisors.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 for landlines, or 0333 500 0993 for mobiles.
Date Published: 28th November 2014