How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Fatal road accident

    Fatal road accident

    If your spouse or child has been involved in a fatal road accident then you may be able to claim personal injury compensation belatedly on their behalf if the accident in which they were killed was not their fault. You have three years in which to make your claim, but clearly there could be a need to file a personal injury compensation claim quickly after a fatal accident. This is pragmatic as you do not want to suffer financial hardship on top of a bereavement. The law concerning any fatal road accident is covered in the Fatal Accidents Act 1976.

    You may be able to claim from the insurance company of the person responsible for the accident and if the accident was a hit-and-run one, then you can still claim for the fatality. A fatal traffic accident should have been reported to the police who will ask for witnesses and they investigate the circumstances surrounding any fatal accident.

    Fatal road accident compensation

    You can claim bereavement damages after a fatal accident if you are the spouse, or child or parent of the accident victim. You can claim for immediate costs such as funeral expenses and for damaged property (the vehicle your relative was driving at the time of the accident and damage or loss of any personal property in the accident, mobile phones, laptops and so on which could have been in the vehicle). You may also claim for maintenance to your home and garden as well as your car if the deceased used to deal with these things for you. If it was your spouse who was killed in that fatal accident, then you could claim for childcare costs if he or she spent their day taking care of your child. If you are disabled and the deceased used to take care of your home, then you can also claim for domestic help.

    Although no amount of cash can make up for the death of a loved one, it can help you survive without financial hardships which you might suffer if you could not claim personal injury compensation.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Accident Advice Helpline can help you with any aspect of a personal  injury compensation claim, whether it is for a fatal road accident or for a minor injury occasioned by a slip, trip or fall.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You can visit our website and browse there at your leisure to find out more about us. We are a law firm with more than 16 years’ experience of handling all kinds of personal injury compensation claims. We have a team of solicitors who are experts in the field of personal injury compensation and we deal with fatal accident claims with sensitivity, so you can rest assured that we will lend a sympathetic ear if you call one of our numbers to ask for expert legal advice about any claim you think you might have.

    Call us at any time on our  numbers: 0800 689 0500 on a landline or 0333 500 0993 on a mobile for expert advice.

    Date Published: 24th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.