Fatal injury lawyers in Raydon and fatal injury claims
The grief a family feels when a member of it dies is devastating and can take years to recover from. The family is never the same again with one of them missing, so just try to imagine how they must feel when they realise that the loss of the loved one was unnecessary, caused through the fault or negligence of someone else – their initial reaction at least must include feelings of revenge and great anger.
Fatal injury lawyers in Raydon will help the dependents to make a fatal injury claim
UK law says that anyone who was dependent on the deceased can make a fatal injury claim. This will not be the first thing the family thinks of, but at some point the financial aspect and consequences of their loss will need to be addressed. The dependents can include:
- Husband or wife;
- Ex-husband or wife;
- Civil partner;
- Ex-civil partner;
- Someone who lived with the deceased as husband or wife for at least two years;
- A parent;
- A child;
- A child within the family who was treated as their own by the deceased;
- Brothers and sisters;
- Uncles and aunts; and
- Nephews and nieces.
If more than one dependency is proven, the statutory bereavement award — which can only be paid once — is split equally among them.
The things that fatal injury lawyers in Raydon would claim for
How the claim is compiled will depend on the family and their circumstances, but every area of the effects of losing the loved one should be looked at, including things like:
- The pain and suffering of the deceased if they were aware of pain before they died;
- Funeral costs;
- Probate costs;
- Loss of future income, which would be more for a younger person as it would be assumed they would work for more years;
- The costs of things the deceased would have done, for instance gardening or decorating, sewing or childcare; and
- Any other cost or loss which is a direct result of the deceased losing their life.
We will help make your fatal injury claim
Accident Advice Helpline are the law firm you should contact to make a fatal injury compensation claim. We have the experience and knowledge required to have the best chance of a successful claim, and will not ask the family for any money to start work.Open Claim Calculator
Our advisors are highly trained and friendly. They will deal with the family with compassion while making sure that everything is in order for the claim to go ahead. You can contact them on our freephone number 0800 689 0500, which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Alternatively, you can try the 30-second test on our website. This firstly will let you know if you qualify for a claim and secondly will let you know a rough idea of the amount of compensation you may receive.