If you need to make a Fareham car accident claim because of being injured in an accident that was not your fault, you need to think about being able to prove your claim. This is not always necessary, as sometimes the guilty party will admit they were at fault, but others will argue the point, and you need to gather as much evidence as you can to show that they were to blame for the accident and your injuries.
The evidence you may need for your Fareham car accident claim
What evidence you are able to gather will depend on where the accident took place, and if there were any other people around. The sorts of things that might help your claim are:
- Witnesses – if there were other people, who saw the accident happen, get their contact details if they are willing to confirm what they saw. Then if a statement is needed from them, Accident Advice Helpline can contact them.
- CCTV – CCTV is becoming more commonplace and if there happens to be coverage where your accident happened, it would show exactly who was at fault.
- On board camera – more and more drivers and riders are having cameras fitted to their dashboards and helmets. Just like CCTV, they can show exactly how the accident happened.
- Photos – there are not many mobile phones these days that do not have a photo facility. Take as many photos as you can on your phone, not just of the immediate accident scene, but all around it as well.
- Accidents reports – The police and other official bodies are sometimes called to an accident scene. Every one they attend they have to complete an accident report for, and generally these say who they think was to blame. A copy of this report can prove very useful evidence when you are making your Fareham car accident claim.
There could be others things that you think will help prove that you are the innocent victim of the accident, and no matter how trivial they may seem, you should always tell you injury lawyer about them, as they could be much more important than you think.
Making your Fareham car accident claim
At Accident Advice Helpline, we have been fighting for compensation for faultless victims for over 15 years, and have been very successful in making sure they get the compensation they are legally entitled to.
We have made the personal injury claim experience as simple and stress free as we can, so that victims can concentrate on their recovery and leave their claim to us.
We use the no-win, no-fee* basis so that no money is needed to start the claim, or if the claim is lost. This means that every single innocent victim has the option of making a claim for the compensation they deserve. call us now on 0800 689 0500 (landlines) or 0333 500 0993 (mobiles).