Type in “explaining personal injury?” into a search engine and you will get more responses than you could ever read. So we will keep our answer short and sweet for you!
Explaining personal injury?
So – how do we start explaining personal injury? It is the legal term used for a situation where you have suffered an injury to yourself, caused by the actions of someone else.
What types of personal injury are there?
There are a huge number of different cases of personal injury. Some of the most commonly reported cases include:
• whiplash, spine, head and neck injuries, often caused by road traffic incidents
• broken bones or fractures, often caused by slips, trips, and falls
• spine or muscle injuries, sometimes caused by accidents in the workplace such as manual handling
• asbestos and white finger vibration, among other industrial injuries
• food poisoning or water contamination, often caused while on holiday
• animal attacks, including injuries caused by dogs
and many other types of personal injury.
What does the law say about personal injury?
Personal injury law looks at the impact of an injury on you, your quality of life, ability to work and chance of recovery.
It takes into account the effect on your loved ones and the expense you may have gone to in terms of loss of wages and medical expenses.
The law can’t give you back your health or make your injury go away. Instead, it offers you an amount of money that the law feels compensates you for the adverse impact you have suffered.
So what is my personal injury claim worth?
Well it depends. You can use our 30 second compensation calculator to give you a good indication, but every claim is taken on its own merits.
Many people are surprised by how much their claim is worth, with even minor or temporary injuries attracting compensation of a few thousand pounds.
How do I make a personal injury claim?
Making a personal injury claim can be very straightforward if you opt for the right level of help. You will need legal support, which is something that worries many people.
But going through experts in the field, such as Accident Advice Helpline, means that everything you need is organised for you. So for example, we are experts in dealing with your claim in full, so we:
• listen to and understand the details of your injury and circumstances
• match you to one of our hundreds of legal partners, identifying the best legal expertise for you
• liaise fully with your solicitor and co-ordinate all your paperwork, appointments and anything else you or your solicitor need
• keep you fully up-to-date on the progress of you claim, which offering you a 24 hour helpline for you to call whenever you need support
You can see that you don’t need to be an expert in personal injury law to make a claim. You don’t need to be the one asking for someone to start explaining personal injury – we have experts to take care of it on your behalf.
We aim to take all of the stress out of the process for you. If you would like a no obligation chat about your options, just give us a call.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 2nd December 2012
Author: David Brown