An expert whiplash injury solicitor could be who you need to speak to if you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault. Sometimes, the person responsible will admit they were to blame, and this makes the job quite easy for an expert whiplash injury solicitor, but what if the other person denies they were at fault, what happens then?
The expert whiplash injury solicitor will need evidence
If the other party decides to fight your claim, the whip lash injury solicitor will need as much evidence as possible to build a strong case against them. This could include:
- The statements of any witnesses that saw the accident happen. Getting their details for Accident Advice Helpline to contact them is the easiest way to do this.
- If you have a mobile phone, and you are able to, take photos of the scene and of the damage to any vehicles involved. If there are skid marks, or damaged street furniture such as lampposts, take photos of those as well.
- If there are injuries or the accident is causing an obstruction, the police should be called. They will speak to everyone at the scene, and from the information they are given will compile an accident report. Sometimes these reports point the finger of blame, and a copy of this could be very useful.
- If your whiplash was sustained in an accident at work, quite often the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) are involved. Like the police, if they are called they will compile an accident report, which again can prove useful.
- Keep a diary of your injuries, just making a not of their progress every few days. Photos to confirm what you are saying can be an advantage.
- Any other information you have about the accident, no matter how trivial it may seem, should be passed on to the whiplash injury solicitor to help strengthen your case.
Once all this evidence has been gathered, medical reports on your injuries will be needed, and some claimants have to attend an independent medical assessment.
The next stage
When you have all these things together, the only other thing you have to do is decide which law firm you are going to ask to help you make your claim, and you could do no better than approach Accident Advice Helpline.
We have been assisting innocent victims to make personal injury claims for 14 years, and have the experience and expertise you need on your side if your claim is being contested.
Our solicitors will ensure that every aspect of your accident and injuries are examined, accounting for the impact the injury has had on your life and recouping any costs and losses that have arisen because of the accident.
Completing our 30-second test, or calling our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123, will put you in touch with our no win no fee* solicitors, and from then on we will handle everything to do with your personal injury compensation claim.