How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Expert solicitors in Kilburn

    The people who supply goods to customers have to ensure that the goods they are selling are safe, otherwise they may have to face the solicitors here at Accident Advice Helpline if a consumer makes a claim for compensation against them. If you need an expert solicitor in Kilburn to help you with a compensation claim, talk with our lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline.

    If you buy an item from anywhere in the country which is faulty and causes you harm, then you may be able to make an injury compensation claim from the makers or importers, as they should have ensured the product was safe.

    A defective item that harms you may mean you need to speak to expert solicitors in Kilburn

    The responsibility for safe products falls on that product’s manufacturers or importers. If they do not do their duty, and as a result someone is injured, then the victim may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim against them.

    Distributors and retailers also have a duty of care to the people who are buying products from them, although this is only if they knowingly sell an unsafe product.

    What the law says

    UK law says that if there is any potential hazard with a product, the companies should:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Clearly warn consumers of the risks;
    • Make sure the warning is written in easily understood language that leaves no doubt;
    • Continually monitor the safety of the products; and
    • Correct any safety issues they find.

    If an accident happens because of faulty products, the injured person may want to make an injury compensation claim.

    Trading Standards officers

    Trading Standards officers are the people who monitor safety of products sold to consumers in the UK. They have the power to buy or seize goods to take them away for safety testing, if they believe that a product will harm the public. They can make random visits, and this means no one gets any warning about their investigations. If they find an unsafe product, they have the power to:

    • Ask the courts for permission to destroy all the faulty goods;
    • Prosecute the guilty party;
    • Immediately stop all sales of the faulty products; or
    • Insist on a recall of the faulty products.

    Prosecution can result in heavy fines being imposed, and occasionally a custodial sentence has to be served in extreme cases.

    Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline

    You don’t need help from expert solicitors in Kilburn to make a claim for personal injury compensation. Accident Advice Helpline operates nationally and we have an in-house team of expert claims lawyers yo help and advise our clients.

    Call us on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, from a landline, or ring us on a mobile on 0333 500 0993.

    We  will call you to find out how we can help you with the claims’ process if you send the text message “claim365” to 88010.

    Call or text us now for help with your potential claim.

    Date Published: 15th April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.