In today’s society more and more people are beginning to enjoy riding the bicycle. Cycling is fast becoming a favourite pastime throughout the UK. It does not matter how old you are from children to the elderly, cycling is great fun. Some people use a bike for sport, some as a form of transport or some for exercise.
Unfortunately there is a down side to cycling, and that is you are very vulnerable while you are on the roads. An accident that was not your fault could happen at any time. If this does happen to you then you should speak to the expert solicitors in Hereford at Accident Advice Helpline, so they can help you to make an injury compensation claim.
How you can reduce the risk of using the expert solicitors in Hereford
If you ride a cycle, you are vulnerable because of the lack of protection you have got if an accident does happen. To reduce having to speak to the solicitors in Hereford, there are a few things you can do to try to avoid an accident and serious injuries from happening. For example:
- If you are passing parked cars make sure you leave at least a car door width between you and the cars to avoid a driver opening his door and hitting you.
- Wearing a good quality helmet can reduce any head injuries you may sustain.
- Wearing high visibility jackets, stripes on legs etc. will make you more visible to other road users.
- Do not ride next to someone else, this can make it difficult for a car to overtake and you might be knocked off your bike.
- Have a good knowledge of the Highway Code.
- Make sure your brakes and lights work properly.
The cycling accident injuries that can happen
Having an accident while you are riding your bicycle, could create a few injuries. Whether its minor injuries to more severe ones, it could be very dangerous for you. Some of the injuries can include:
- Dental injuries
- Anxiety and stress
- Road rash
- Head and brain injuries
- Internal injuries
- Fractured bones
- Facial injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Back injuries
Some of these injuries can be life changing, and the impact they have on you life will be accounted for when our solicitors in Hereford are making your personal injury claim.Open Claim Calculator
Other things to claim for
It is not just your injuries that can be claimed for. Any costs and losses incurred because of the accident can also be recouped as part of your personal injury compensation claim. Some of the areas that may be included are:
- Cost of care
- Loss of earnings
- Anxiety and stress
- Extra medical expenses
- Travel expenses
- Cost of adapting or moving your home
- Any other cost or loss that is a direct result of the accident
Where to make your claim
The place to go is Accident Advice Helpline – we are here to give you help and advice regarding your personal injury claim, and for you to contact the expert solicitors in Hereford.
On our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, you will find advisors who are friendly and professional. They will give you free advice and help you all they can. Or you could try the 30-second test online for some guidance.