How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Expert Solicitor in Torbay

    Not everyone knows that many people are injured every day while at their place of work, or visiting the premises of a business. If you happen to be one of those unlucky people that is injured due to an accident of this type and can demonstrate that your employer was neglectful in some way, you could claim compensation for your injuries. Take our 30-second test to see if you can make a claim. And if you are considering local advice then an expert solicitor in Torbay could be the first point of call.

    How can an expert solicitor in Torbay help me?

    An expert solicitor in Torbay can clarify all you need to know about how to make a claim for compensation if you are injured in such situations. Trades and other businesses must have an insurance policy and stand by health and safety regulations. This means they are responsible for educating everyone about their individual obligations throughout the workplace. If you have had an accident at your place of employment in the past three years and if your manager has not met these legal necessities and the outcome is an injury at work, then compensation could be available to you.

    There are many ways you can be the victim of a work-based accident, here are some examples:

    • Sub-standard apparatus
    • Ignorance of, or unacceptable adherence to health and safety regulations
    • Incorrect training
    • Inattentiveness of colleagues
    • Trips, slips or falls
    • Falling objects
    • Exposed substances

    Injury claims for compensation you can make

    If you have been incapacitated then you may find yourself requiring a long period of time off work, which could lead to economic trouble – another reason to make a claim for work accident compensation. You should not undergo suffering in any way due to the lax actions of your employer. Compensation is there to assist in such situations. If an employer is proved primarily responsible for your injury then you can claim work compensation.

    The sorts of injuries that can be compensated for include, but are not limited to the following:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Broken bones
    • Muscular harm
    • Burns
    • Asbestos-related illnesses
    • Repetitive strain injuries
    • Back injuries
    • Trip hazard injuries

    If the accident was not your fault you could be entitled to compensation. Remember to make a note of the injury when it happens, the details will be important at a later date.

    Frequent types of accidents in the workplace:

    • Sliding on wet surfaces
    • Falling over equipment left lying around
    • Falls from height
    • Lifting and carrying accidents
    • Accidents involving equipment

    Can I claim?

    If you have a slip or trip injury at work, yes, you could claim for this injury using an expert solicitor in Torbay. Employees should look for help with a qualified solicitor who can help them realize their rights. Contact Accident Advice Helpline a law firm that specialises in personal injury compensation. Call our 24/7 Helpline 0800 689 0500 and from your mobile 0333 500 0993. Our friendly professional advisers will be on hand to advise you. Accident Advice Helpline has 10 years’ experience as a personal injury compensation law firm.

    Date Published: 1st November 2014

    Author: aliswann

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.