Admissions to Accident and Emergency departments occur everyday due to victims of pedestrian related accidents on the roads. Many of these victims may be young children or the elderly, who have been knocked down by a passing motorist, whilst crossing the street.
Of course, in some cases the accidents may be the fault of the pedestrian who may have failed to cross safely and who just stepped into the road without looking. However, not all pedestrian related accidents are the fault of the pedestrian and injuries that may be sustained as a result can be the cause of personal injury compensation claims. Many of the victims contact an expert solicitor at Accident Advice Helpline.
What are pedestrian related accidents?
Roads are not just for the exclusive use of motorists. Cyclists, motorcyclists and pedestrians have to be treated with adequate caution and mutual respect by all users of the road. Pedestrian related accidents are defined as an accident which involves a pedestrian who may be on the pavement, on a marked road crossing or who may be crossing the road itself.
How can pedestrians improve their safety on the roads?
- Always use a designated pedestrian crossing if one is available, even if it means walking further to cross safely.
- On zebra crossings, wait on the pavement for the traffic to stop before stepping into the road.
- At pelican crossings, use the pedestrian button and wait for the green man and for the traffic to stop flowing. Don’t dodge the traffic.
- Wear reflective clothing and use a torch in poor weather and at dawn and dusk.
- If crossing the road without a marked crossing, ensure that you are not crossing in a dangerous place such as on a junction or between parked vehicles. The traffic may not be able to see you if they are pulling into the road you are crossing.
- Always stop at the kerbside, look around for passing traffic and listen for oncoming traffic before you step off the kerb.
Injuries sustained as the result of pedestrian related accidents
- Broken pelvis
- Internal bleeding
- Head injury
- Neck injury
- Spinal Injury
- Broken or fractured limb
- Brain Injury
- Fatal Injury
Looking for an expert solicitor in Ampthill?
If you have been the unfortunate victim of a pedestrian related accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years, then you may be legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using an expert solicitor.
Although Accident Advice Helpline do not have access to a local expert solicitor in Ampthill we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need an expert solicitor in Ampthill look no further than our expert service.
Call Accident Advice Helpline and speak to one of our highly trained and friendly advisers who can answer any queries over the phone. Our helpline is open to take your call and process your claim. If you decide to go ahead with your claim, then their solicitor will ensure that your claim is processed on your behalf on a no-win, no-fee* basis.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.