Had an accident whilst out walking? Speak to an expert solicitor in Alyth to start your compensation journey!
For many people walking and hiking offer ideal opportunities to get out and explore their local environment. Often groups of hikers join together and plan routes that provide stunning scenery and picturesque landscapes, which then are rounded off with a hearty pub lunch!
If you have been the unfortunate victim of an accident that wasn’t your fault whilst out walking within the last 3 years, then you may be legally entitled to pursue a personal injury compensation claim for your injury, and should speak to an expert solicitor in Alyth at Accident Advice Helpline.
Keeping safe whilst out walking
It is important to prepare yourself thoroughly before you attempt to walk in unfamiliar or difficult terrain. The challenge of following an unknown route can mean that you may have to make decisions based on the circumstances that you may find yourself in.
- Always obtain an OS extract of the area that you intend to walk in and plan a route that is achievable in the time that you have available. Locate a second shorter route that can be used if necessary.
- Check the weather forecast and follow local advice.
- Always dress appropriately for the landscape and weather conditions. At higher altitudes the weather can change rapidly, so it is vital that clothing is adequate. Wear layers of warm clothing that are cotton based to cool the skin. For outer wear, choose waterproof, windproof and warm jackets with hoods to protect the face and head.
- Pack a warm hat, gloves and scarf in case of poor weather.
- Pack a rucksack that can be carried on your back with easily digestible high carbohydrate-based foods such as nuts and chocolate, plenty of water, a compass, a watch, a mobile phone, loose change, a whistle and a torch.
- A basic first aid kit may be useful to carry for emergency use.
- Walking boots should be sturdy with a ridged sole. They should protect the ankle and be laced firmly to avoid twisting the ankle or slipping.
- Walking poles are useful if negotiating uneven ground. They can ensure stability is maintained when crossing stiles and hiking up steep inclines.
Making your walking injury compensation claim with a expert solicitor in Alyth
To find out quickly if you are eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim, call the leading experts, Accident Advice Helpline. This professional law firm has a wealth of experience and knowledge gained through over 15 years in the claims industry.
Their helpful team of telephone advisers can ensure that any queries you may have are answered swiftly whilst you are on the phone. They can offer no obligation advice and information about making a no win no fee* claim using their solicitor in Alyth.Open Claim Calculator
Their solicitor in Alyth will be delighted to process all aspects of your compensation claim on your behalf should you wish to go ahead and proceed with your claim.
If you want to discuss your accident in more detail with an adviser then dial 0800 689 0500 now to speak to Accident Advice Helpline.