Common questions about claiming compensation through an expert solicitor for Grasmere
If you need help after being injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, Accident Advice Helpline is the specialist. We can advise you on your rights to claim. And we can appoint an expert solicitor for Grasmere to fight your case and hopefully win you the compensation you need to get your life back on track.
Each month, we respond to over 25,000 queries from people asking for advice after accidents. One of their most common questions is whether they are eligible to claim. It’s difficult to give a definitive answer here, because every accident is different. But in general terms, you can claim after an accident that:
- Happened within the last three years;
- Caused you injuries that required medical treatment; and
- Was caused by someone else acting carelessly.
There are exceptions to these general rules, as there tends to be with any area of the law. If you have been involved in an accident while boarding, travelling on or disembarking from an aircraft, for instance, you have only two years to make a claim. On the other hand, if you were a minor at the time of the accident or are suffering from an industrial disease, you may have longer than three years. So it’s always worth giving us a quick ring and outlining your own circumstances. We can then give you free, personalised advice on your specific case.
Another question often asked is: how expensive will it be to make a claim, and how much will I get in compensation? Again, we cannot tell you how much it might cost you personally. However, we can say that:
- All our legal advice about your right to claim is free;
- We make no charge for starting your claim off with us; and
- The expert solicitor for Grasmere we appoint for you will act on your behalf on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis. If you don’t win your case, you don’t pay our fees.
In terms of the amount of compensation you will receive if successful, everyone’s accident is different and your expert solicitor for Grasmere will argue for a sum based on the severity of your injuries and how they have affected your life. However, you will usually receive money for things like prescriptions and loss of earnings, in addition to a payment for the injuries themselves.Open Claim Calculator
Call us today if you’d like more details on these points, or if you have any queries whatsoever about making a claim. Our helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week; or you can get in contact via text or our website:
- Call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile;
- Text ‘claim365’ to 88010; or
- Try the 30 second test on our website
We could arrange for a solicitor for Grasmere to get started on your claim today.