You can use a personal injury solicitor in Fakenham to start a claim for compensation for yourself or for your child. If both you and your child were hurt in an accident that was not your own fault, then an expert solicitor in Fakenham can help both of you. You may be more comfortable finding the right personal injury solicitor in Fakenham for your child’s case by contacting Accident Advice Helpline. They have very wide experience in helping children with all sorts of injuries to claim the compensation that they deserve. This is how they have earned their endorsement from Esther Rantzen – the TV consumer affairs guru.
One of the most common accidents for children to be involved in are road traffic accidents and the injuries that they sustain in these can be very variable. Numerous studies and reports have recorded the patterns of childhood road traffic accidents in an attempt to cut the number of children that are injured on our roads every year. To a large extent this has been successful and the UK roads are now amongst the safest in the world. However, an expert solicitor in Fakenham is still likely to have to act for several child road traffic accident victims every year. Here are 5 things that you probably did not realise about very young children in road traffic accidents.
Expert Injury solicitor in Fakenham and things you didn’t know about very young children and road traffic accidents
- Very young children (aged under 5 years of age) are the age group of children that are least likely to be injured or killed in a road traffic accident. This has been attributed to the wide use of specially designed child car seats in the UK over the last few decades.
- The evidence for the role of child car seats in protecting children is overwhelming. In fact it has been shown that children who are sitting in the correct child seat for their size, fitted properly, usually suffer only minor injuries in a road traffic accident. The role of rear-facing infant seats is even more convincing. Studies have shown that they reduce the risk of fatal injury in a road traffic accident by more than 70 per cent.
- Child car seats can only work if they are fitted properly. Unfortunately, up to half of them are not! They may not be the right model of seat for the child, they may be too loose, the harness may not be adjusted properly around the child or the buckles may not be fitted properly.
- Children under the age of two are most likely to be injured as a passenger in a car rather than as a pedestrian.
- By the age of two, the risks to the child are completely different – these children are most at risk when walking or playing near traffic.
Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline
You can contact us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time for expert help, advice and assistance with a personal injury compensation claim. Call us on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, from landlines, or from mobiles ring us on 0333 500 0993.
We will call you if you send us the text message “claim365” to 88010.
Contact us now from the nearest phone and get expert legal advice.Open Claim Calculator