How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Expert legal help in Stockport

    Are children entitled to expert legal help in Stockport

    Children are entitled to expert legal help in Stockport, but technically speaking a child is not able to make an accident injury claim in Stockport in their own right. This is because making such a claim is a legal process and something that a minor is not able to do. There are many implications involved in such a process and someone under the age of 18 is not regarded as being able to fully understand and comprehend these.

    However, legally speaking children are afforded the same rights that adults are in that they have the legal right to expect that they are not going to be injured by other people. Therefore if they are injured as a result of someone else’s actions or their negligence they do have the right to seek compensation.

    This may seem like a contradiction but the simple fact is that a parent or guardian can make an accident injury claim on behalf of an injured child and access expert legal help in Stockport to do so. That way compensation is still sought, but the child is not doing it directly for themselves.

    Litigation friend or waiting?

    When it comes to seeking compensation for an accident that has occurred to a minor you have two options. Firstly you can appoint a litigation friend (i.e. a legal representative to make the claim on the child’s behalf) or you can wait until the child is old enough to claim in their own right.

    There is no right or wrong approach when it comes to deciding which of these two options to take; however, depending on your circumstances it may be clear that one option is more beneficial than the other for you and your family. An experienced Accident Advice Helpline solicitor will be able to advise you on the best solutions for you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    For example, if your child is left needing specialist care or equipment following their accident it may be worth starting a claim sooner rather than later. This means that you may be able to access compensation, or at least instalment payments to help cover the cost of such requirements. In turn this means that you are less likely to be left out of pocket.

    Call us for advice

    We know that making an accident injury claim in Stockport, regardless of the situation, is a daunting process. This is why we are on hand to offer all our callers and potential clients free, no obligation advice.

    Call us today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and we will talk you through your options.

    Date Published: 29th April 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.