Expert legal guidance in Kirkby in Ashfield for medical negligence claims
If you feel ill, you visit your doctor. If you need your eyes testing, you go to the optician. If you have got toothache, you go to your dentist. They may give you a prescription, which you then take to the chemist. These are all normal things that you do in the UK, then you are made better and everything goes back to normal with no more problems, you assume.
Sometimes, however, things can go wrong when you are dealing with your doctor, optician or other medical professional, and when this happens the consequences can be dire. If this does happen to you, then you may want to use expert legal guidance in Kirkby in Ashfield at Accident Advice Helpline to make a medical negligence injury claim.
What problems can happen and mean you using a personal injury lawyer
There are a few things that can go wrong when you seek medical attention, such as:
- The pharmacy will have strict rules about dispensing medications, for example two people have to check everything, but sometimes even they can get it wrong. They could give you the wrong medication or a wrong dose of the correct medication, either of which could make you more ill than you were to start with.
- The doctor could tell you that there is nothing wrong and miss something that is wrong. If your doctor tells you that you are okay, but you still feel ill, ask for a second opinion – not diagnosing an illness will only prolong the agony.
- The dentist may pull the wrong teeth or slip with the drill and cut your mouth. This might not seem like a major injury, but you could have to suffer much pain and stress in order to put the problems right later.
- The optician can hardly cause you harm while doing a normal eye test, but what if you are there for laser eye surgery? This is usually a very simple process, and most patients are fine. Sometimes though, if the procedure is not quite correct, your eyesight could be made worse and other problems can happen.
- Hospitals see many thousands of patients every day — 21 million visited accident and emergency departments alone last year, and there are many more hospital departments. The majority of hospital patients are dealt with correctly and with no problems, but when a wrong limb has been amputated or something similar this will hit the headlines. This shows that they, like us, are human and do make mistakes.
You should contact a personal injury lawyer in Kirkby-in-Ashfield at Accident Advice Helpline if you have any problems with a medical professional.
A personal injury lawyer in Kirkby-in-Ashfield at Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline are the best choice for your medical negligence claim. We have the experience and expertise needed to ensure that you are treated fairly in order to get you the maximum compensation for you injuries.
Whether you contact us through our website or by calling our freephone number 0800 180 4123, your claim will be treated with the respect it deserves and dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible. You deserve expert legal guidance in Kirkby in Ashfield.
Date Published: 20th February 2014