For expert legal advice in Epsom and Ewell come to Accident Advice Helpline
Hiring a personal injury solicitor can seem a little bit daunting if you have never been in this position before. You need expert legal advice in Epsom and Ewell.
It can be difficult to know what you should be looking for and what to expect from the process. You certainly don’t want to make a mistake as this person is going to have your chances of securing compensation in their hands.
But don’t panic. We have put together this handy guide, which provides advice on hiring a solicitor and much more.
Advice on hiring a solicitor
When hiring a solicitor, there are some key factors you should be looking out for, and these are as follows:
- Experience – Don’t only look at how many years the solicitor has under their belt. Make sure they have experience that is relevant to your claim.
- No-win no-fee – A no-win no-fee solicitor is a must. This offers a significant degree of financial protection because you only pay legal fees if your case is successful.
- Communication – Effective channels of communication are imperative so that you can remain updated with the progress of your case.
- Reputation – Finally, you should read reviews to make sure the solicitor in question is credible and that previous clients have been satisfied with his or her work.
What will your solicitor expect from you
While your solicitor will be largely responsible for ensuring you get the compensation you deserve, there are ways you can strengthen your case. Your solicitor will expect the following from you to assist:
- Medical documents – The medical report your doctor provides is the most crucial piece of evidence. Without it, you will really struggle to build a case. This is why it is vital to see a medical professional even if your injuries are minor.
- Photographs – Photos of your injuries and/or the scene can help to strengthen your claim.
- Proof of expenses – You will be able to claim for any expenses you have encountered because of your injuries, such as treatment costs and loss of earnings, but you will need proof to do so.
- Witness statements – Finally, if anyone witnessed the event you should get their contact details because their statements will help to build a strong case.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
At the end of the day, your expert legal advice in Epsom and Ewell is available right now from Accident Advice Helpline.
Our helpline numbers are 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Lines are open 24/7, so you can call us any time.
You can try our 30 second test on our website. With just a few clicks, you can find out whether you’re eligible to claim.
Or you can text ‘Claim365’ to 88010 and we’ll call you back.
Date Published: 31st August 2015
Author: David Brown