Expert legal advice in East Grinstead


If you have had an accident because of a pavement that was not correctly maintained then you will be entitled to claim compensation. The local authority has a duty of care towards the safety of the pedestrians. Where the duty of care has not been complied with and an accident has happened then the victim will be within their rights to claim compensation. It is common for people to trip over pavements that have not been correctly maintained and compensation can be claimed for these accidents. Expert legal advice in East Grinstead from Accident Advice Helpline will be able to assist you to get the compensation that you are entitled to.

It is important to bear in mind that not all tripping accidents will result in a successful claim. You have a duty of care towards your own safety and to look where you are going and where you are putting your feet. If you trip on a slightly raised paving slab then you could be held partly responsible. The local authority needs to have a suitable system in place for inspecting the footpaths and roads on a regular basis to check for defects.  Roads and footpaths that are busier should be checked more often than ones that are not used as much. Any defects that are seen when these inspections are conducted should be corrected and any complaints that are received should be acted upon.

What should I do if I have an accident because of a pavement that is unsafe?

If you have tripped on a pavement that was unsafe then you should get a photo of the problem and the height or size of the defect. It may help to use something such as a coin to highlight how big the problem actually is. If the tripping hazard is less than two and a half centimetres it is unlikely to be enough for a court to take any action and no compensation will be awarded.

All compensation cases are different therefore it is very important to get some professional legal advice in order to determine whether or not you have a right to claim compensation.

Making a claim for compensation – expert legal advice in East Grinstead

When it comes to getting your compensation you have two main options which are to use an injury lawyer in East Grinstead or a national law firm. If you would like expert legal advice in East Grinstead from a national law firm then give Accident Advice Helpline a call on 0800 689 0500 or fill in the short application form which can be found on the website.

When you first make contact with the professional team of advisers you will need to give them information about the accident and any injuries that have been caused so that they can form a clear picture of the circumstances. Once all of the details have been obtained the case will be passed onto the most appropriate injury lawyer who will then represent your compensation case all the way through to you hopefully getting the compensation that you deserve without the hassle of filling in forms.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )