Working in a warehouse can be a very dangerous job to have. Lots of accidents can happen in them everyday, even though employers try to prevent them at all costs.
If you happen to be involved in an accident in a warehouse that wasn’t your fault, and you have been injured as a result, then you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim using an expert lawyer in Sutton in Ashfield.
Warehouse accidents happen all too easily
Even though there are strict health and safety laws relating to warehouses, accidents are very common and often the injuries are serious. At Accident Advice Helpline, some of the accidents which we come across quite often are:
- Slipping: Spillages on the floor should be removed as soon as possible. Oil in particular can be very slippery, and can cause victims to fall on a regular basis.
- Falling from heights: Warehouse workers often need to work above floor level throughout the day. The main requirement of the Work at Height Regulations is that employers ask their employees to work above floor level as little as possible. If there is no way around it, there should be safety measures in place to prevent falls, as they can result in serious injuries and even fatalities.
- People tripping over objects that should not be there: Walkways should be kept free of obstructions. It is not unusual for the victim to have their hands full and not see the obstruction.
- Objects falling onto people: It does not have to be something large to cause serious injury when it falls from height. Even a small object can land with quite an impact and have nasty results.
- Heavy lifting injuries. Employees should be given proper training in heavy lifting techniques to avoid this type of injury.
- Accidents involving a forklift truck. An essential piece of equipment in any warehouse, a forklift truck can be dangerous in the wrong hands. They should be properly maintained, and only qualified drivers should operate them.
There are many dangers in warehouse work of which employees should be aware and try to avoid. Employers need to put as many precautions as possible in place, so that they will never face an expert lawyer in Sutton in Ashfield in a compensation claim.
The employee’s protection
To try and reduce the risk of serious injury, employers should provide employees with protective clothing free of charge. For example:Open Claim Calculator
- High-visibility jackets or the like will make the workers more visible and hopefully reduce the risk of an accident
- Protective clothing such as boots, gloves are necessary
- A hard hat will protect employees’ heads. Workers should be made to wear them
Accident Advice Helpline for your expert lawyer in Sutton in Ashfield
If you are involved in a warehouse accident, or any other type of accident that was not your fault, and you are injured, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim. The easy way to connect with an expert lawyer in Sutton in Ashfield is to call Accident Advice Helpline and let us handle your claim.
Call our helpline number on 0800 689 0500 (landline) or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile phone. You can speak to a friendly advisor for all the help and advice you need about making a personal injury compensation claim.