How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Expert Injury Solicitors in Minto

    If you live in this Scottish village, you will know that there are no expert injury solicitors in Minto. That’s unfortunate if you want to file a personal injury compensation claim for an injury or injuries sustained in an accident which you can prove was not your fault. What can you do? You can go online and look up expert injury solicitors in Minto to find some that are in the area, or try looking up expert injury solicitors in Minto in the local telephone directory. Alternatively, you could simply call us at Accident Advice Helpline on one of the freephone numbers given below for expert legal advice and help to file your claim.

    Why would I need expert injury solicitors in Minto?

    Apart from being able to claim for injuries sustained in an accident for which another person was to blame, when you would need the help of an injury solicitor, you can also claim if you have an illness which you can prove was caused by another person’s negligence. This may at first seem a curious concept, but there are several examples of such illnesses. For example, you may have been diagnosed with a work-related illness or an occupational disease, in which case you could probably make a case to prove that your illness was the result of your employer’s negligence.

    You may also have had food poisoning after eating out, in which case you may be able to prove that the negligence of the kitchen staff had caused your illness.

    If you are a tenant living in rented property, have repeatedly asked your landlord to do much needed repairs because of damp, for instance, and are diagnosed with a respiratory disease because of your living conditions, then you may be able to prove your illness was caused as a result of your landlord’s negligence.

    How long do I have to make a claim?

    If you were injured in an accident that happened within the British Isles, you usually have three years in which to file your personal injury compensation claim. However, if you were injured in an accident at sea, in the air or at an airport, then you only have two years in which to make a claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you were the victim of a violent crime, you also only have two years in which to make a claim through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority, or the Northern Ireland Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme if your injury occurred there.

    If you have been diagnosed with an illness for which you can prove another person was responsible, then you have three years in which to file a claim.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    For expert legal advice and help with your claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time on one of our freephone numbers. Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Call now for expert legal advice about your claim.

    Date Published: 30th January 2014

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.